Register and Memberpages

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Re: Register and Memberpages

Post by cmb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Gert wrote:I think, register is looking for the #CMSimple...# script on the page (in the content)
If I'm not mistaken, hi_pd_scripting inserts #CMSimple ...# to $c[$s], so this might work.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

webscientist

Post by webscientist » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:30 am

cmb wrote:Instead I had in mind an own tab with a multi-selectbox or checkboxes for the defined access groups (would save some typing).
Great idea! The same I had last year, when using the plugin for the first time. I would appreciate the realisation of this tab feature very much.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:25 am

webscientist wrote:Great idea! The same I had last year, when using the plugin for the first time. I would appreciate the realisation of this tab feature very much.
I still like the idea very much. And it has additional benefits: looking in pagedata for member pages is simpler, faster and less prone to error than scanning the content for the script call. But:
cmb wrote:Until the possible desynchronization issues with content/pagedata are resolved, I'll definitely stick with the CMSimple scripting/plugin call in the content.
So first we should find a way to avoid the possible desynchronization, or at least implement a mechanism to detect such desynchronization and repair it automatically (or in the worst case lock the website for visitors).
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH