XH 1.6: new/additional Templates

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Re: XH 1.6: new/additional Templates

Post by cmb » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi Josef, hi Tata,
oldnema wrote:I'm not a professional coder
Me neither. But I consider me being a good coder, and you being a good template designer.
oldnema wrote:I will not be ignored by IE7 and IE8 and I optimize my template so that these users display correctly.
You're absolutely right!

My idea, and I assume Tata's too, is just too deliver a very simple template as default template. No media queries, no browser sniffing, no CSS styles that require vendor prefixes or other vendor specific extensions etc.. Just the basics, so a beginner can start learning HTML/CSS with the template, if he likes.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Post by Tata » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:50 pm

That's exactlz what I mean. And again, beautiful things can be achieved with simple tools just the same as with the highest high-tech.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Hello Community,

there was a clear voting about this topic (4:0:0), but it's not so clear to me, what exactly was voted upon. ;)

To me it stills seems most reasonable to offer a single simple minimalistic template in the standard download (from SourceForge) and to offer a set of different templates with an online configurator/chooser on cmsimple-xh.org.

As minimalistic template snafu's `Gonzo minimal' may be a good choice as his template tutorial is focused on this very template.

Regarding the additional templates for the online configurator we have to make a selection. The ones from the CMSimple_XH demo may be a good base, but there are templates from some template designers missing. ;)

Christoph

svasti

Post by svasti » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:54 pm

Waiting for a template from Thorsten for the demo.
The gonzo templates make use of coco_XH. The demo doesn't use plugins and without coco_XH the gonzos are a bit on the plain side. But may be a special gonzo could be made for the demo?

For the standard download I'd prefer a template which uses practically ALL template functions. Just trying to put something together.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:51 pm

svasti wrote:Waiting for a template from Thorsten for the demo.
Heard, that one's on the way. ;)
svasti wrote:For the standard download I'd prefer a template which uses practically ALL template functions. Just trying to put something together.
Well, why not. IMO it doesn't have to be fancy---it's more important that it's understandable for users with very limited knowledge of HTML/CSS.

svasti

Post by svasti » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Have a look
Very nice I would say.

We are also going to get a gonzo-template from Winni, but it may take a while. Who else should be included?

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Any progress about which template(s) to include with CMSimple_XH 1.6. ISTM there has not been an agreement yet.

However, I would prefer to have at least some basic styling for the print view in the template(s). It seems many users are not aware that the print view sets the CSS class "print" for the BODY element, which may be used for special styling.

Torsten.Behrens

Post by Torsten.Behrens » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:08 pm

cmb wrote:Any progress about which template(s) to include with CMSimple_XH 1.6. ISTM there has not been an agreement yet.
My recommendation is:
All templates used on http://demo.cmsimple-xh.dk, but without the old cmsimpleXH template. New default template mini1 and the other templates activate in the subsites of 'templates' in the default contents of the download.

Torsten
Torsten Behrens
CMSimple Templates

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Hello Community,

in a German Thread Gert wrote, that he would prefer not to see his templates used for CMSimple_XH (neither in the distribution, nor the website nor the Wiki), I suggest that we change the default templates already for CMSimple_XH 1.5.8.
Torsten.Behrens wrote:All templates used on http://demo.cmsimple-xh.dk, but without the old cmsimpleXH template. New default template mini1 and the other templates activate in the subsites of 'templates' in the default contents of the download.
ACK. (however, it should be "subpages", not "subsites" ;) )

Christoph

Gert

Post by Gert » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:36 am

cmb wrote: I suggest that we change the default templates already for CMSimple_XH 1.5.8.
Why you don't change the download immediately?

For other templates only, no new version is necessary,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services