Moderator: Tata

manu

tinymce4 for Version 1.6

Post by manu » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:23 pm

manu

Re: tinymce4 for Version 1.6

Post by manu » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:15 pm

For all interested editors:
On SourceForge, I've created an additional CDN variant for tinymce4. In this variant, the tinymce script is not stored on your own server, but is drawn from a Content Delivery Network (CDN) based on http://www.cachefly.com (sponsor of TinyMCE).
advantages:
- The storage of the plugins is vanishingly small (can be optimized even further by deleting the unneeded Language files)
- Is always up to date
cons:
- Can not be used offline
- The reliability and availability of the hoster has to be guaranteed.

An attempt is worth it after all.
The CDN version is delivered without tinyMCE script. A hybrid variant is feasible (see index.php CDN variant).
greeting
manu

manu

Post by manu » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:42 am

A new tinymce4 1.2.1 version is available on sourceforge which includes the actual tinymce 4.0.21 and all actual language files.
If you want to be up to date all the time consider to choose the CDN Version which draw its tinymce from a Content Delivery Network.
regards
manu

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:56 pm

manu wrote:A new tinymce4 1.2.1 version is available on sourceforge which includes the actual tinymce 4.0.21 and all actual language files.
I gave it a quick try, and it worked so far. However, I'm somewhat concerned that apparently there's still no replacement for the advlink and advimage plugins in TinyMCE 4. Do you have any information about that?
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

manu

Post by manu » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:51 pm

In regard of the new version CMSimple_XH 1.6.6, a new tinymce4 1.2.3 version is available on sourceforge which includes the actual tinymce 4.1.9 and all actual language files.
regards
manu

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:20 pm

manu wrote:a new tinymce4 1.2.3 version is available on sourceforge which includes the actual tinymce 4.1.9 and all actual language files.
Nice. :)

Do you have any insights regarding the development state of TinyMCE 4? It seems to me that TinyMCE 3 will not get any further updates, and we may consider upgrading to TinyMCE 4. However, when I last checked, the image dialog was still pretty meager.

manu

Post by manu » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:55 am

cmb wrote:... However, when I last checked, the image dialog was still pretty meager.
When I check the feature dialog @tinyMCE, I fear that there won't be any enhancement in the next future. But most of the advanced image features could be solved by a predefined class which can be assigned after image inclusion (and that's the proper and simple way IMHO). In the 3rd party section there are some pretty interesting plugins available. If someone wants to have extended features this might be an interesting opportunity.

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:13 pm

manu wrote:But most of the advanced image features could be solved by a predefined class which can be assigned after image inclusion (and that's the proper and simple way IMHO).
I agree that using classes is the best way, but that might not be the most intuitive (and flexible) way for many users. Furthermore the respective classes would have to be predefined in the template's stylesheet; that's done for mini1 and for some others, but for most templates it's not. And it's not only about the appearance but also about the features of the "advanced" tab.
manu wrote:In the [url=http://www.tinymce.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=33rd party section[/url] there are some pretty interesting plugins available. If someone wants to have extended features this might be an interesting opportunity.
It might be an option to bundle a few of those plugins. Then again, I like the decreased size of tinymce4 compared to tinymce.

PS: Does anybody know how the "Recommended Projects" on SF can be changed? I'd rather a link to tinymce4cmsimplexh than to MLDPlugins, which are out-dated.

manu

tinymce4 for Version 1.6 - new version available

Post by manu » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:42 pm

A new tinymce4 1.2.4 version is available on sourceforge which includes the actual tinymce 4.2.3 and all actual language files. In imagetools init option there is a new feature impemented: Imagetools. Images can be modified online and stored as blob elements (therefore be careful with large images). Unfortunately the context menu is missing the according icons in small icons menu. The bug is addressed and hopefully fixed soon.
There is also a CDN Version available which loads TinyMCE4 externally from a CDN Host.

regards
manu

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:56 pm

manu wrote:In imagetools init option there is a new feature impemented: Imagetools. Images can be modified online and stored as blob elements (therefore be careful with large images).
Pretty cool! Do you plan to use the "new Upload API" mentionend in the blog post? Might be rather reasonable for large images.